Another tattoo design has been inked! This... (READ MORE)
Guide for Artists
Welcome to Tatboard.com! Our goal is to connect tattoo artists and designers with people around the world looking for custom designs. Our fun and exciting approach makes the process quick, easy and very rewarding. Whether you're an artist just starting out or a seasoned professional, Tatboard.com is the place to find your next client.
How to get approved as a Tattoo Artist or Designer
Once you register take a moment to set up your portfolio and upload your best work. The approval process is quick and takes about a day if your portfolio is up and looking great! You will be notified when approved.
How to respond on tattoo requests:
Once you are approved as a Tatboard Tattoo Artist or Designer, you are able to bid on requests. The tattoo request board is available for you to browse and pick which tattoo requests you are interested in responding to.
1. Click on Board. Browse through New Requests, which comes up by default. Find one you're interested in? Okay, here's what you do...
2. Leave a comment in the comment section. Do you have questions about the description or not sure exactly what they're looking for? Ask here! The comment section and your portfolio are the tools your potential client will use to get to know you, so make sure you make yourself visible on their request.
How to bid on requests:
1. At the top of the request is the field to enter your bid amount. This bid should include your price for the sketch work, revisions and final product. Most requests take multiple revisions and edit, so account for that.
2. Once your bid is posted, you will see your name on the bid bar, along with your bid amount. The green bar goes up as the request is funded by the requester.
Here's the great thing about our site, it only takes seconds to bid on a request and there is no limit to how many requests you can bid on at any time! So go nuts!
How to get the request funded:
Is the requester responsive? Does he seem interested in your work? Feel comfortable and confident enough about this request to start sketching? WAIT! Ask the buyer to put a deposit toward the request first. The recommended amount to suggest to the requester is 25% of their maximum budget amount, but the amount of their deposit is ultimately up to them. Once there is a deposit, you know that this is a serious buyer.
Getting requests funded is extremely important, so please do your best to get the buyer to put a deposit down.
You can skip this step if the request is already funded. You can work from the Funded list first if you'd like. Just click on the "Funded" tab on the Board.
How to work with the requester once there is a deposit:
Once there is funding, we suggest that you:
- Upload an example image that you've created in the past and ask the buyer if he likes your style.
- Upload reference images of other artists' work as an example of what they might be interested in. If you do this step, mark them as "Reference image."
- Submit quick sketches. The amount funded should be reflected in the amount of time you put into a sketch. If $25 is put up toward the request, consider putting in up to $25 worth your time.
What to do once you are hired
Were you chosen? Congrats! Once you are awarded the request, make sure you stay in contact with the requester and find out what changes he may need. Work a little lat a time, uploading progress images, checking in with the client often to make sure you're still going in the right direction. Do not keep your client in the dark. Be professional and make your client happy. She is the one who will be getting this permanently on her body.
Are there deadlines for completing a final design once hired?
Once you are awarded a requst you have up to three weeks to deliver the final design.
How do the artists get paid?
Once the client approves the final design, you get paid within 3 days to the paypal email address that is listed in your account info, so make sure that is accurate. Great job!
What if there is a conflict with the buyer or I have questions?
If you have any questions or issues throughout this process, check out the FAQ. If you have question not listed or are in a conflict with the requester, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Get started and good luck!